Aprilaire 600 Automatic Whole-Home Bypass Humidifier With Digital Control (Formerly 600A)
Cure Indoor Dryness and Get the Very Best Whole-Home Comfort
Every home needs a humidifier. The air inside your home is drier than you think. Heating your home dries out the air. The resulting dry air absorbs moisture from you and everything inside your home. Even newer, tighter built homes will succumb to the negative effects of air that is too dry. Some of the effects of dry, indoor air include the following:
- IRRITATION AND DISCOMFORT: When you heat your home, indoor humidity levels fall below the optimum range. This causes you to experience the discomforts of too dry itchy skin, annoying static shocks and being “too cold” at normal temperatures.
- UNHEALTHY AIR: Viruses thrive in low humidity conditions and can actually increase the likelihood of getting colds, flu and other upper respiratory ailments. The American Society of Otolaryngology advises the importance of preventing an overly dry environment because it significantly increases susceptibility to infection.
- HOME DAMAGE: When heated air isn’t properly humidified, it causes walls and ceilings to crack and wood floors and trim to separate. Expensive musical instruments can go out of tune and electronic equipment can fall victim to static electric charges, requiring expensive repair
- HIGHER ENERGY COSTS: Dry air robs the moisture from your skin, making you feel colder, which means you turn up the heat. Dry air also shrinks the framing around doors and windows, resulting in gaps that let in cold air from the outside, making your home less energy efficient.
Trust Your Comfort and Your Home to Aprilaire
Want the perfect humidity level for any season? Take a look at the Model 600. The Aprilaire Model 600 Whole-House Humidifier features truly automatic control, plus a built-in bypass damper, which means fewer parts to install. The bypass damper is conveniently labeled for both summer and winter settings, allowing you to set it for the entire season with no guesswork involved. The Aprilaire Model 600 Whole-House Humidifier is simply the best performing bypass humidifier on the market. May require professional installation. You can use the Dealer Locator on Aprilaire's website to find an Aprilaire Dealer in your area.
Aprilaire 600 Whole-Home Bypass Humidifier Features
- Includes Automatic Digital Humidifier Control (#58)
- Features the same performance benefits of other Aprilaire Humidifiers
- Delivers up to 50% more moisture in comparison to competitive units
- Has an evaporation capacity of 0.70 gallons per hour
- Humidifies tightly-constructed homes up to 4,000 square feet in size
Aprilaire 600 Whole-Home Bypass Humidifier Specifications Overivew
- Capacity: .70 gallons per hour
- Square Foot Area: 2,000 to 4,000 Square Feet
- Size: 15 7/8" Width x 15 7/8" Height x 10 11/12" Depth
- Plenum Opening: 9 3/4" wide by 12 1/2" high
- Water Panel (Included): (#35)
- Electrical: 24V-60Hz-0.5 AMP
- Drain Connection: 1/2 inch I.D. plastic hose direct to drain fitting on unit
Available Literature & Media for the Aprilaire 600
- Aprilaire 600 Consumer Literature
- Aprilaire 600 Safety & Installation Manual
- Aprilaire 600 Owner's Manual
- Aprilaire 600 Specification Sheet
- Aprilaire 600 Part's List
Requires the Free Adobe Reader to View
Additional Product Images
Customers who bought this product also bought:
4 other products in the same category: