Brinmar SBUHD (#0421A) Universal-Fit Air Conditioner Compressor Sound Blanket for All Compressors up to 60,000 BTU
This is our most versatile, best-selling Brinmar sound blanket because of its universal fit with such a wide range of scroll and reciprocating compressors. Sold in a convenient, easy-to-ship carton, these sound blankets are easy to keep stocked on your shelves or in your van, or convenient for the homeowner to order and quickly get installed!
All air conditioners, to some degree, are designed to minimize the sound they make. However, many home owners find the noise levels objectionable and greater than anticipated, after the installation is complete. The location of a condensing unit can significantly influence the perceived noise level. When you double the distance between you and the air conditioner, you decrease the sound by 5 dB, which is about ¼ as loud. While manufacturers do guarantee the sound levels of their equipment they can't guarantee the perceived noise level from patios, windows and bedrooms.
Brinmar Sound Blankets are a popular solution for reducing compressor noise, from air conditioners or heat pumps. They are guaranteed to reduce noise levels to meet or exceed local noise laws and are compatible with all residential compressors. Brinmar Sound Blankets reduce compressor noise by 5 dB or more - a substantial 40% + reduction.
The sound blanket fits inside the cabinet and wraps around the compressor - the noisiest component of an air conditioner or heat pump. Brinmar's universal design accommodates hundreds of different styles and shapes of compressors. The two-piece design allows quick installation in tight cabinets where space is a consideration and where the compressor is close to the coil or the fan. The sound blanket is securely attached with hook and loop closures, which are durable and make installation quick and efficient.
The use of a sound blanket will not adversely affect the compressor's performance. In fact, sound blankets are a conventional form of noise reduction for air conditioners and heat pumps and most manufacturers use them frequently to reduce noise levels. The Brinmar sound blanket is a cost-effective solution to noise as compared to relocating/replacing the noisy air conditioner or building a wall/sound barrier.
If an air conditioner or heat pump is causing a problem for you or your neighbor, there are three solutions: move the unit, replace the unit or reduce the sound. Brinmar Sound Blankets are the simplest solution. They lower your equipment's sound levels without having to move or replace the equipment. Brinmar Sound Blankets are by far the easier and more cost effective solution to reducing air conditioner noise.
Benefits of a Compressor Sound Blanket
- It will make your neighbors happy
- Lowers air conditioner or heat pump noise
- Reduces noise to comply with local by-laws and ordinances
- Simple cost-effective solution to compressor noise
- Cheaper than replacing or moving equipment
- Minimum 40%+ reduction of compressor noise
- Minimum 5 dB reduction of compressor noise
- Fits many different models of compressors
- Works with either hermetic or scroll compressors
- Convenient easy to install universal-fit design
- Do it yourself instructions or have a contractor do it for you
- Convenient hook and loop straps to simplify installation
- Universal-fit makes it easy for contractors to stock in their vans or on their shelves
Sound Blanket Specifications
- Model SBUHD, # 0421A, Protech # 68-25217-10
- For almost all scroll and reciprocating compressors up to 60,000 BTU
- Fits Bristol, Carlyle, Copeland, Tecumseh and more
- Maximum Size: 10" x 10" x 19" high
- Shipped in a convenient, individual carton
Available Product Literature
(These files require the free Adobe Reader to view.)
Need a Custom Size Sound Blanket?
If you are unable to find the compressor sound blanket that fits your specifications, don't worry! Brinmar also makes extra large sound blankets for larger compressors and commercial units. Please call us or shoot us an e-mail and we'll work you up a quote with pricing and lead times!
Keywords: acoustic, wrap, jacket, proofing, box