Aprilaire 700 - Automatic Power Humidifier With Digital Controller (Formerly 700A)
Big Humidification Performance to Match the Biggest Homes: The Model 700
Every home should have a humidifier. The heating cycle of your furnace dries out the air more than you would think, causing the dry air to begin grabbing moisture from everything it can: wood floors, furniture, and even you. Even newer, tight-built homes will succumb to the negative effects of air that is too dry.
The Effects of Dry Air on You and Your Home:
- IRRITATION AND DISCOMFORT: Do you get shocked every time you touch a doorknob or walk on your carpet? Is your skin, nose, or throat itchy and dry? Do you still feel "too cold" even at normal temperatures? This could be the result of indoor humidity levels that are below optimum living range.
- UNHEALTHY AIR: Viruses thrive in low humidity conditions and can actually increase the likelihood of getting colds, flu and other upper respiratory ailments. The American Society of Otolaryngology advises the importance of preventing an overly dry environment because it significantly increases susceptibility to infection.
- HOME DAMAGE: When heated air isn’t properly humidified, it causes walls and ceilings to crack and wood floors and trim to separate. Expensive musical instruments can go out of tune and electronic equipment can fall victim to static electric charges, requiring expensive repair or replacement.
- HIGHER ENERGY COSTS: Dry air robs the moisture from your skin, making you feel colder, which means you turn up the heat. Dry air also shrinks the framing around doors and windows,
resulting in gaps that let in cold air from the outside, making your home less energy efficient.
The Aprilaire Model 700 Whole-House Humidifier features truly automatic control, so there's never a need to manually control the humidifier—though it can be installed in manual mode, if desired. Complementing any central heating and cooling system, the Aprilaire Model 700 Whole-House Humidifier:
- Is a powered unit, meaning it has a built-in fan that pulls heated air directly from the furnace
- Utilizes an outdoor temperature sensor for monitoring even the slightest changes in outdoor temperature
- Delivers up to 50% more moisture in comparison to competitive units
- Has an evaporation capacity of 0.75 gallons per hour—among the highest capacity humidifiers sold
- Humidifies tightly-constructed homes up to 4,200 square feet in size
- Offers an impressive 5-year warranty from date of installation for parts
If you own a larger home and want the best, then the Aprilaire Model 700A Whole-House Humidifier with automatic digital control is the right choice for you.